2013 Demolition Rules
STOCK CAR HEAT ONLY - HEAT IS FEATURE
Only Car Regulations listed below apply.
Sentences 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11 and 13.
• Coil springs only, 1980 or newer.
• Welding doors and bumoer allowed.
• Entire frame must be STOCK.
• No tucking
• No distributor protector or engine cradle.
FIGURE 8 RULES
Cars Only - 4 or 6 cylinder compact.
Drivers MUST BE 18yrs. of age and have a valid driver’s license.
All glass removed.
Air bags disconnected.
Roll bars acceptable inside car.
FIGURE 8 cars ONLY may keep gas tank in original position.
Reinforcement allowed on back of rear bumper.
Driver’s door must be wired shut and reinforced.
Safety belts & approved helmets are required and must be fastened.
IF FIGURE 8 CAR RUNS IN COMPACT DEMO HEAT IT MUST COMPLY WITH COMPACT RULES.
DEMO DERBY - COMPACT CARS
COMPACT CAR HEAT 4-CYLINDER ONLY, FRONT ENGINE CAR WITH WHEEL BASE 104" OR LESS.
NO UTILITY, 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES, AMC PACERS or VOLVOS.
Compact Cars running in the Demolition Derby & Figure 8 MUST MEET DEMO DERBY RULES.
DEMO DERBY RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Demolition Derby officials may accept or reject any and all entries.
2. All derby drivers, owners, mechanics, pit crew and wrecker drivers
are required to sign a RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY INDEMNITY AGREEMENT day of exhibition with pit gate sign in official before entering
race track and/or exhibition area or motorized pit area. All persons
must be 18 years of age or older to drive.
3. Intoxicating beverages and drugs, or the use of such, are prohibited
prior to or during the event.
4. Heat and feature winners will receive money plus trophies.
5. Car may be driven in one heat only and is not eligible to return
in another heat.
6. THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES ANDDEMOLITION DERBY OFFICIALS WILL BE FINAL!
1. Driver must have a valid driver’s license in possession for
inspection when signing in day of exhibition. NO MINORS. Must be 18
years of age or older. Drivers should wear long pants & long sleeve
2. All drivers must supply their own car and may enter one heat only
unless otherwise informed at driver’s meeting.
3. Any driver and/or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his
car to be disqualified.
4. Eligibilities for feature event must be a heat winner and/or runner-up.
Drivers may use any previous heat car in feature, providing said car
passes inspection. TIME LIMIT - If a driver does not hit a car within the
time specified, announced by derby officials, or officials feel driver
is deliberately sand bagging, driver and car will be disqualified.
1. Any front engine, hard top car or station wagon is allowed, with
the exception no Chrysler Imperials, no trucks or 4 wheel drivers,
limousines, etc. Transmission coolers allowed. No fan on transmission cooler.
2. Safety belts and approved safety helmets are required and must be fastened. Shoulder harness recommended.
3. All glass including windshield, head lights, tail lights, mirrors,
etc., must be removed. Car must be swept clean of all dirt and loose
pieces. ALL THIS WORK must be done before entering the fairgrounds.
4. A maximum of 3 gallons of gas will be permitted. Original gas tank must be removed and not used in any location, a boat type tank or
equivalent thereof may be placed in rear of car - prefer in middle of back seat area, not trunk. The tank must be flat, no upright 5 gallon cans. Prefer tank placed in cradle which can be reinforced and secured to car floor. Gas tank must be secured with steel straps only, no ratchet or bungie straps. If car is originally equipped with electric fuel pump, a kill switch must be in driver's compartment. Metal gas line with maximum 3" length rubber gas hose per end connecting fuel tank and carburetor must be secured to nozzle of tank with hose
clamp, gas line is to be strapped.
5. Coil or leaf springs are permissible. If car remains coil sprung you are allowed a hump plate no lower than 3” from top. If coils are changed to leafs the following standard must be met: No chaining up or down any suspension, welding to any spring or spring support. Seven factory stair step leafs, no inversion of leafs. Two clamps front and rear. No struts on rear factory shocks. No bus or heavy duty truck springs. No special bumpers. Bumpers can be welded, no reinforcement. Car cannot be tucked. Safety bars are allowed from drivers windshield post to passenger post behind seat post to post.
6. Drivers are to keep their cars in the boundary lines at all times.
If a car is pushed, shoved or driven out of bounds and Derby Officials
feel a hazard to spectators, car will be eliminated and disqualified
7. All doors must be fastened shut by wire, straps or welding. Driver’s
door must be reinforced. Roll bars acceptable preferrably inside of car. Protection straps must be in place of windshield from top to bottom. All cars
must have hoods over engine compartment.
8. Hoods may be held down by wire or bolts that cannot extend past the nut. Trunk may be welded every other 6 inches. Trunk must have 12” by 12” opening.
9. All chrome and decorative ornaments including all fiber glass must
be removed from outside of car.
10. You must stay in your car. Do not leave your car unless you are
told to do so by an official or the last car has stopped.
11. Batteries may be moved to any reasonable position in the car, but they must be securely fastened to the floor with metal straps only -no ratchet or bungie straps and must be covered with a suitable shield.
12. Radiator must remain in original position. Any vehicle leaking
fuel will be eliminated. A visible fire results in disqualification.
13. Usage of most tires allowed - Discretion of the official will be final if danger to spectators is forseen. No studded, no bead lock screws in rim, no wheel weights.
14. Cars must have brakes prior to and during all heats. AIR BAGS MUST
15. Additional safety regulations may be imposed at the time of the
Derby due to track conditions.
16. All drivers must be signed in with Derby Officials one half hour
before program starting time.
DERBY OFFICIALS SHALL INSPECT CAR BEING PROTESTED WITH THE PERSON FILING
PROTEST. DERBY OFFICIALS’ DECISION IS FINAL!
ATTENTION - THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS DO NOT IMPLY OR GUARANTEE SAFETY.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide
for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition
of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants
are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE
WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for
the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury
or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from
any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions
that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION
OFSPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is
left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.